Accueil du site > Alerte et Plaidoyer > Kivu : US tells Rwanda to halt support for Congo rebels

Les Etats Unis font un bond par rapport à la crise congolaise

Kivu : US tells Rwanda to halt support for Congo rebels

By Guilain Mathe, 05 juillet 2012

Selon la représentation de l’Agence Reuters à Kinshasa, le gouvernement américain a officiellement demandé au Rwanda de cesser tout soutien aux rebelles du M23 qui mettent le Kivu à feu et à sang depuis quelques mois. le GLPIC salue vivement cet engagement du gouvernement américain en faveur de la paix et de la stabilité de la RDC qui a saigné par tous ses pores depuis deux décennies.

Mais la campagne de plaidoyer doit se poursuivre touts azimuts en vue de rendre effectivement redevable le gouvernement rwandais pour ces crimes perpétrés au Congo depuis plus d’une décennie. Pour signer la pétition exigeant à la Secrétaire d’Etat Américaine de cesser tout soutien financier au Rwanda conformément à la Section 105 de la Loi PL109-456 de 2006 pour son rôle dans la stabilisation de la RDC, cliquez le lien : http://www.change.org/petitions/sec...

Source : http://af.reuters.com/article/topNe...

Rwanda’s Foreign Minister Louise Mushikiwabo said last week that she regretted the publication of the "one-sided" U.N. report and vowed to disprove the allegations levelled against Rwandan officials, including defence minister James Kabarebe and several top military figures.

Rwanda is bidding for a seat on the U.N. Security Council next year.

On Friday, Congo’s president Joseph Kabila blamed the unrest on "dark forces, national and foreign" during a speech on national television, but did not mention Rwanda by name.

Kabila called off Saturday’s annual independence day celebrations as a mark of respect for the victims of the fighting, which has seen more than 200,000 people flee their homes since April, and has pushed the total number of Congo’s displaced above 2 million for the first time since 2009.

M23 fighters and government troops clashed on Saturday and Sunday according to local witnesses, who said the mutineers had attempted to seize a key road but were pushed back.

M23 spokesman Vianney Kazarama said his forces had come under attack from government troops near the town of Ntamugenga, in the eastern province of North Kivu, where thousands of people are living rough after fleeing the fighting.

Kazarama said his fighters had pulled back for humanitarian reasons, allowing the Congolese army to take back territory.

Mis en ligne par Guilain Mathé

Director, GLPIC

Répondre à cet article

SPIP | squelette | | Plan du site | Suivre la vie du site RSS 2.0